Seeking Digital Whiteboard App

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Feb 3 17:38:31 MST 2014

In my office we whiteboard, a lot. Whiteboarding is a great way to get
ideas out of our heads and communicate visually with others. Ideas often
translate better as pictures than they do as words.

Some downsides of whiteboarding: there is not always a whiteboard around,
there is not always a whiteboard that is large enough to handle all the
ideas we want to put on it, taking a picture of the contents of a
whiteboard is handy but could be more efficient.

As I was in another whiteboarding session today I thought it would be handy
to have a tablet on which I could draw ideas and the tablet could be
mirrored onto a large monitor or projector screen. It would be nice if
screen on the tablet would actually be only a portion of the larger
picture. I could zoom into a small area, draw or write details, zoom out
and draw bigger items, etc. All the while, my coworkers could see the big
picture on the large monitor.

I am currently in the process of Googling and I see some apps that I am
researching.

In the meantime, I am wondering if any pluggers have any app like this
(iPad or Andriod) can provide some feedback on what they liked or did not
like about such an app.

Thanks,
Jonathan