IMPORTANT : OpenWest 2014 Latest News!

Victor Villa vvilla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:46:57 MDT 2014

IMPORTANT : OpenWest 2014 Latest News!

Hello All!

With less than 2 weeks to go before OpenWest 2014, have we got some news
for you!

* Salt Hackathon on May 7 @ 6pm. [please see below for more details]
* Beehive Startup sponsored TechTeamUp
* OpenWest Young Coders Conference
* OpenWest Call for Volunteers
* OpenWest Beginner's track

REGISTER: http://openwest.org
DISCOUNT CODES: Maker, MOBILEDEV, OALUG, PLUG, SLLUG, UHUG, UJUG, UPHPU,
URUG, UTAHJS, UTAHPYTHON, UTAHRUBY, UTOS, WPSLC

/** SALT HACKATHON URL: http://goo.gl/bhXWpm
*
* SaltStack is proud to be an OpenWest sponsor. To start the conference
* right we will host a Salt Sprint / hackathon on Wednesday evening at
* UVU Science Building 138. Join us Wednesday at 6pm to help make Salt
* even more awesome.
*
* Much of the SaltStack core development team will be in attendance.
* Long-time contributors and new contributors alike are welcome to come
* with existing projects and ideas. If you've always wanted SaltStack
* to automate a data center thing that isn't already automated, this is
* your chance to get it built.
*
* We will provide Costa Vida for dinner. We really hope to see you
* there.
*/

/** Beehive Startup TechTeamUp URL: http://www.openwest.org/techteamup/
*
* Beehive Startups is proud to showcase TechTeamUp on the opening night
* of the OpenWest Conference.
*
* TechTeamUp is an event designed to provide budding entrepreneurs with
* the opportunity to pitch their startup to a large, highly-technical
* audience with the hopes of procuring a technical co-founder. The
* winner of the event will receive a cash prize, courtesy of Grow Utah.
* /

/* OpenWest Young Coders Conference URL: http://goo.gl/AhtvQ2
*
* We're not banging rocks here, this training is the real deal!
* Young coders teaching young coders: Python, electronics, Canvas!
* While the Young Coders conference is FREE, registration is LIMITED.
* Please register your children if you want them to attend. Please
* plan to attend with them and bring a laptop. Computers will be
* limited
*/

/* OpenWest Volunteers URL: http://www.openwest.org/volunteer/
*
* Want to attend one of the largest regional open conferences FREE?
* Become a volunteer! Volunteers get a cool shirt (not like those
* ordinary shirts everybody else gets!!). Be part of the team!
*/

/* OpenWest Beginner's track URL: http://goo.gl/i2JmCN
*
* A beginner's track like none other! Girl Develop It - SLC's
* Stacie Farmer has crafted this track to help those who want
* to learn the basics! Considering a career change? Want to
* cross-train to get ahead? Know family members who'd be interested?
* PLEASE HURRY AND REGISTER! There are only 30 seats left.
* classes: HTML & CSS, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails
* These last few tickets won't last long, hurry and register!
*/

Thanks for your time, hope to see you there!

mj/v