Software & Hardware for Internet Radio

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 18:21:04 MDT 2014

On 04/09/14 18:09, Matt Melvin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Dan Egli <ddavidegli at gmail.com> wrote:

I like icecast, it's stable and does whatever you tell it too. *I* Use
IceGenerator to feed media files to icecast, but it is a hands off
streamer, just feed it a playlist and forget about it; VLC can be used
as well, and with VLC, it should be easy enough to interrupt the music
to interject Live Mic Broadcasts to IceCast then resuming music playing
on demand. Since the Live BCs will require pausing the stream, it makes
it nice because when you're not wanting to sit and play Radio DJ, you
can just let VLC feed Icecast music until you're ready to resume Live
BCing the next day/week/year/etc. See:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/vlc/ch015_streaming-to-icecast/

Provides info regarding making VLC talk to icecast.

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com