Asterisk handling a small business

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Apr 9 14:46:00 MDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Chris Wood <chris at tincreek.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Dan Egli <ddavidegli at gmail.com> wrote:

Fax can be obnoxious with VOIP.  I would recommend getting a copper
> line from the local telco.  Maybe somebody on the list has the magic
> sauce to make fax easy on voip.

That magic sauce does not exist. As someone who has put major time into
attempting it, my suggest is to run far far away from faxing over voip. You
can get it to mostly work in some scenarios, but I would not recommend it
to anyone. Ever. Under any circumstances.

http://www.soft-switch.org/foip.html

Faxing only works on the legacy PSTN. Full stop. Either outsource to a fax
provider or get a copper line. Save your own sanity. Seriously, I can't
overstate this enough. Faxing should die a violent death.

Corey