Asterisk handling a small business

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Tue Apr 8 23:55:56 MDT 2014

On Tuesday, April 08, 2014 08:48:53 AM Chris Wood wrote:

> Fax can be obnoxious with VOIP.  I would recommend getting a copper
> line from the local telco.  Maybe somebody on the list has the magic
> sauce to make fax easy on voip.

I've set up a successful system using Asterisk (Elastix) at my employer to do
faxes.  They are all direct lines (each employee has their own fax line) to
the proper type of extension with a counterpart in the fax configuration.  It
took lots of reading of forums / manuals and trial and error, but everyone's
faxes now gets emailed to them.  The only hangup I've had is since we use
Google Apps, sometimes Gmail thinks the faxes are spam and I have to add the
fax email address to an employee's whitelist.