LibreOffice 4.1.4.2 Paragraph Format Issue.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:42:56 MDT 2014

On 04/07/2014 06:35 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> I am collating about 25 documents, which means copying text into my
> master document. One of the ones I am copying from has introduced a
> problem.

Are you actually copying the text in, or are you just linking the
children documents into the master document?

> The Text Body paragraph style should have no indenting, and when you
> look at the style's definition, it says it has no indenting. But in some
> cases, mostly imported from one document, the style says it has no
> indenting, but in fact it does. Select a paragraph, and hit control-m
> to remove direct formatting, and you get the indenting.
>
> The only way I know to resolve this issue is to import the text as
> unformatted text. However, I would then lose the formatting I want to
> retain.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

This invisible formatting follows the text when pasted into any new
blank document?  And there's no tab character embedded in the text?

As a sanity check, you could copy the text to a blank document, save it,
and then unzip the odt file and look at the XML directly.  You might be
able to see what codes are embedded that are causing you problems.