Bluetooth Headset and Lenovo T-61 on Debian 7.0

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Sep 19 12:20:17 MDT 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:24:43 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I'll try some things this morning, and maybe shift to
> PulseAudio. If those two don't produce useful results, I may call on
> you.

Well, now! I tried a few more alsa tricks. No go. Fearing the worst, I
then did some backups. I then installed PulseAudio following the
apt-get command line in http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=12497
(after excising two package names that no longer exist). I then purged
every package with "alsa" in the name.

I fired up vlc, and it played a MP3 file for me immediately. Wow!

I then fired up the PulseAudio volume control, and went to the
Configuration tab.

I then turned on the headset. It appeared almost immediately in the
configuration tab. I set it to use A2DP instead of the telephony
duplex. then to the Playback tab on the PulseAudio volume control,
where I selected the headset as the output device. Then I did the same
with a Flash video from youtube.

That was it!

No configuration hassle! No broken packages (except as noted)! Are you
sure this is a Linux package? :-)

Thanks for the help.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV