Large File Transfers to users who are less/non-technical

Todd Millecam tyggna at
Thu Sep 19 10:29:19 MDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Jonathan Duncan <
jonathan at> wrote:

> Ryan, I had not heard of WeTransfer. They look like they have a decent
> offering. I have seen quite a few web only offerings but I have not
> been overly impressed by most of them. WeTransfer might change that.
> Todd, do you use Google Drive for both sending and receiving files with
> clients?
> Yup, works fine both ways.  Receiving gets tricky when they get even
larger.  For that I sometimes setup a one-off samba share, tell them to go
to a file browser and put in a \\  with the following user name
and password.  That works well if the connection is pretty stable.