OS and UI for a kiosk?

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 21:32:33 MDT 2013

Dale

> I've been asked to help a company that wants to upgrade their kiosk

It depends on your other constraints. I had decent luck building a
kiosk prototype using web tech on an ipad using an app "kiosk pro"
which removes the chrome and lets you lock the user in the app.
Combined with a kiosk case that blocks access to the hard buttons
gives you something reasonable that can be replicated without a lot of
custom work.

The kiosk pro folks even had workarounds for an iOS partial
implementation of html5 audio. (Apple decided autoplay audio content
should usually be ignored)

--
Brad Midgley