OS and UI for a kiosk?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:08:45 MDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I've been asked to help a company that wants to upgrade their kiosk
network.  They're currently running Windows XP but they've also created a
Web Based UI.

Ideally we just want to present the customer with a fullscreen interface
and not allow any ability to exit the application without opening the box.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Android or Chrome would be
suitable for this, I hesitate to recommend any flavor of windows since
these kiosks are cash accepting and used to load payment cards.

Any recommendations?