Explain Shell

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Wed Sep 4 06:47:11 MDT 2013

I recall when first learning unix. The man pages were quite intimidating.
The formatting and organization was difficult to get at first. Everywhere I
turned when trying to figure something out there was yet another learning
curve to hurdle--the cognitive load of all the pieces combined is quite
large. Any tool that helps lower the learning curve at any point is
beneficial imo. It may be less useful to seasoned veterans, but for noobs
it can be a tremendous aid to help them learn quicker and get to a point
where they can be productive and solve their problems that much sooner.
That would mean more people capable of contributing.