streaming game

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 20:03:51 MDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Matt Melvin <rage_311 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:59:15 -0600
> > Subject: streaming game
> > From: caldr704 at gmail.com
> > To: plug at plug.org
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am a teacher at AFHS, and I was trying to stream an educational game
> > called NFL Financial Football on Firefox 24.0 inside of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> > The results are spotty at best; basically, it doesn't work. I then tried
> > stream it on Interenet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP inside of VirtualBox
> and
> > it worked fine. Any thoughts as to why?
>
> Looks like it's a Flash-based game. I'm not sure which Flash player you're
> using (Gnash or Adobe, etc.), but you should try it in Chrome, since that
> will include an up-to-date Flash plugin straight from Google.
>
> It's using the Adobe Flash Player plugin. It works sporadically, but it
basically has a hard time getting past the coin toss. The last two times
I've tried it it has worked after giving it some time to get past the coin
toss.
I've tried Chrome; it doesn't work either.
When I do a Mozilla "plugin check and updates" it says the status of Flash
is vulnerable and says to "update now" but when I do that it seems to want
to install the version I already have. When I try to download the update it
asks for an application. When I give it apt-get as the application that
doesn't seem to work.