streaming game

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at
Wed Oct 30 20:03:51 MDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Matt Melvin <rage_311 at> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:59:15 -0600
> > Subject: streaming game
> > From: caldr704 at
> > To: plug at
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am a teacher at AFHS, and I was trying to stream an educational game
> > called NFL Financial Football on Firefox 24.0 inside of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> > The results are spotty at best; basically, it doesn't work. I then tried
> > stream it on Interenet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP inside of VirtualBox
> and
> > it worked fine. Any thoughts as to why?
> Looks like it's a Flash-based game. I'm not sure which Flash player you're
> using (Gnash or Adobe, etc.), but you should try it in Chrome, since that
> will include an up-to-date Flash plugin straight from Google.
> It's using the Adobe Flash Player plugin. It works sporadically, but it
basically has a hard time getting past the coin toss. The last two times
I've tried it it has worked after giving it some time to get past the coin
I've tried Chrome; it doesn't work either.
When I do a Mozilla "plugin check and updates" it says the status of Flash
is vulnerable and says to "update now" but when I do that it seems to want
to install the version I already have. When I try to download the update it
asks for an application. When I give it apt-get as the application that
doesn't seem to work.