streaming game

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Tue Oct 29 11:07:27 MDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Russel Caldwell <caldr704 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a teacher at AFHS, and I was trying to stream an educational game
> called NFL Financial Football on Firefox 24.0 inside of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> The results are spotty at best; basically, it doesn't work. I then tried to
> stream it on Interenet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP inside of VirtualBox and
> it worked fine. Any thoughts as to why?

Well, if this is the one you're referring to:

http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/games/trainingcamp/ff/play/

It can work in Linux.  I just played it on Firefox 24 on Fedora 19.
Since it's based on flash, the version of flash, and then the video
and audio drivers are the first things I would check.

Do other flash-based apps/sites work (sound and video) on your Ubuntu
box?  Was XP VirtualBox running on the same Ubuntu box?