streaming game

Matt Melvin rage_311 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:45:58 MDT 2013

> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:59:15 -0600
> Subject: streaming game
> From: caldr704 at gmail.com
> To: plug at plug.org
>
> Hi,
> I am a teacher at AFHS, and I was trying to stream an educational game
> called NFL Financial Football on Firefox 24.0 inside of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> The results are spotty at best; basically, it doesn't work. I then tried to
> stream it on Interenet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP inside of VirtualBox and
> it worked fine. Any thoughts as to why?

Looks like it's a Flash-based game. I'm not sure which Flash player you're using (Gnash or Adobe, etc.), but you should try it in Chrome, since that will include an up-to-date Flash plugin straight from Google.

Adobe stopped releasing new versions of Flash on Linux, so if it doesn't work properly with Adobe's last Flash version or an open source Flash plugin (Gnash or similar), then your best bet is Chrome.