Wireless LAN bridge

Jeff Nyman jnyman at americanleadership.net
Mon Oct 28 07:32:49 MDT 2013

I use these for wireless links from our High School to the football field
and from the elementary to the kindergarten building across the street.
They're 5GHz so not so congested around here. Serves 15 devices in the
kindergarten and no one complains any more than usual.

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=392

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/2013 07:55 PM, Barry Roberts wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com>
> wrote:
> >> Pluggers,
> >>
> >> I live close enough to my parents that we have had a 180 foot cable
> between
> >> our houses, run through our backyards and over a mutual neighbour's
> fence.
> >
> > I've been looking at the microtik routerBoards.  They look
> > interesting, but I've never used them so I can't vouch for them:
> > http://routerboard.com/RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2
>
> I've used them.  Even built my own wireless router from one.  They run
> OpenWrt just fine.  A bit wimpy in the CPU and RAM department.

*Jeff Nyman*
*IT Coordinator*
American Leadership Academy