Custom pxe boot loaders, how to?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 03:00:07 MDT 2013

On October 23, 2013, Nicholas Leippe wrote:

> Why do you need to customize the bootloader binary?

The original idea was, as stated, to put each interface's default boot
options in a different file (i.e. the "default" for eth1 is
/tftpboot/pxelinux.conf/default.eth1 and for eth2 it's
/tftpboot/pxelinux.conf/default.eth2), but I am reminded by other posts
that I can do the same by making filenames that represent the IP address.
That's a handy way to accomplish the thing I was after. So that's what I'll
do. Thanks Michael Torrie! :)

--- Dan