Custom pxe boot loaders, how to?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 02:15:50 MDT 2013

Anyone know of a good page that details building the pxe boot file
(pxelinux.0)? In one of my side projects I'm considering setting the boot
server so that if boxes are connected to eth1 the "default" file they pull
would be something like /tftpboot/primary/default, and if it's connected to
eth2, it would be /tftpboot/secondary/default. The problem is I've only
ever used the provided pxelinux.0 file, so I wouldn't know how to build a
new one. If someone knows of a good web page that describes how to
customize the pxelinux.0 file so that I could have like
/tftpboot/pxelinux.primary and /tftpboot/pxelinux.secondary, I'd love to
know of it. This is likely to be on Fedora if that makes any difference.
Step by Step directions preferred. :)

Thanks!

--- Dan