Monitoring software question

Josh Frome jfrome at
Wed Oct 9 19:42:02 MDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at>wrote:

> DNX is also a good solution for this although it's been years since I last
> looked at it and I'm not sure it runs with current Nagios.

Since the last update looks like it's 3 years old, I'm not sure that
there's much life left in DNX.  It looks like DNX has a similar
architecture to mod_gearman.  I currently use mod_gearman ( ) to run approximately
11,000 checks across 1,000 hosts and the Nagios server is barely breaking a
sweat.  I highly recommend it, as well as the Thruk ( front end interface for anyone
running Nagios.