Clamav updates on Debian Wheezy

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:31:49 MST 2013

On Nov. 23, 2013, Charles Curley wrote:

> How do I update clamav to 0.98?

Since it's not in the package lists, I'd recommend that you grab the source
deb from a more recent debian release (or possibly from the clamav web
site, if they have deb sources) and use dpkg to build the newest that way,
then you can install the .deb manually. That's how I'd do it with an RPM
based setup anyway. I haven't actually used debian myself, or any debian
based distro. But the theory works either way. Since you don't have a
pre-built binary for wheezy, make one yourself. You can then either keep it
to yourself or provide it for others who may face the same problem. :) If
you can find the source deb file, it's probably not much more complicated
than something like dpkg -b clamav-0.98.src.deb or similar. As I said, I
don't know dpkg, but that's what you'd do on an RPM system.

--- Dan