Left clicky, it no worky! Argh!

Olli Ries olli at olli-ries.com
Mon Nov 18 06:58:13 MST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM, S. Dale Morrey <ries.oliverg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok seriously this is stupid but I haven't ever seen anything quite like it.
> Ubuntu did an update to the latest version and as far as I know that's the
> only change... (caveat, I share this computer with 3 small children who
> appear to be able to enable screen reader and other accessibility options
> seemingly at random, despite my best efforts to lock the system down).
>
> I have 5 accounts on this computer.  We use 2 different desktops, gnome and
> unity.  Left click works fine on any account under Unity, but under Gnome
> it's not working, but only with my account.  I have no desire to use unity
> if I can avoid it, but the wife and kids dig it.  Also left click is
> working fine in the login screen, it's just gnome, specifically my gnome
> that's having the issue.
>
> Seems like that would be a settings issue to me but I've no idea where to
> enable it.  Anybody else ever encounter anything similar?  Thanks!

I just checked with the maintainers and it's not reported as known issue
yet.

I am a bit confused, you are saying "...but under Gnome it's not working,
but only with my account" and then "it's just gnome, specifically my gnome
that's having the issue". So, which one is it :)
One easy way to check if it's PEBKAC or not is to check in the guest
session whether the problem exists

I'll give Gnome a try later today myself.
cya, Olli