package manager problem

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 21:58:43 MST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Charles Curley <
charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:09:49 -0700
> Russel Caldwell <caldr704 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm running an Ubuntu machine and it's giving me a error message
> > saying that the update information is outdated. When I try to correct
> > the problem I get the following message:
>
> You didn't say which package manager you are using, apt-get et al.,
> aptitude, or synaptic. So I'll assume the latter. In synaptic,
> Settings-> Repositories. Then Other Software. Uncheck the repo you
> don't want. Close. Then hit "Reload". That should do you.

How do I do it with apt-get?

> The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers,
> and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
> violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
> supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
> place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
> -- U.S. Const. Amendment IV
>
> Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0  809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB

"The legitimate purpose of formalization lies in the reduction of the tacit
coefficient to more limited and obvious informal operations; but it is
nonsensical to aim at the total elimination of our personal participation."
-- Michael Polanyi