package manager problem

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Nov 6 21:37:27 MST 2013

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:09:49 -0700
Russel Caldwell <caldr704 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running an Ubuntu machine and it's giving me a error message
> saying that the update information is outdated. When I try to correct
> the problem I get the following message:

You didn't say which package manager you are using, apt-get et al.,
aptitude, or synaptic. So I'll assume the latter. In synaptic,
Settings-> Repositories. Then Other Software. Uncheck the repo you
don't want. Close. Then hit "Reload". That should do you.

The error message is harmless. It just means that that repo was not
updated. But other repos were, so you are OK.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV