Insurance Sales? Is this a new phenomenon?

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:39:55 MST 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>wrote:

> Since doing this I've been contacted by recruiters from several different
> insurance companies.  Not for IT work, but for sales, i.e. they're claiming
> that my skill (or possible lack thereof), in IT is somehow translatable to
> the work of an insurance agent.

Sometimes people will buy access to the database to just get a hold of
contacts' email addresses and whatever else they can. Another good reason
to NOT have your physical address on your resume, btw. City/State works, or
even "Salt Lake City, Utah Area"

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com>
 wrote:

> It's just warm-body idiocy from places like Primerica or whatever they
> call themselves.  You'll want to ignore them unless you really want to
> learn securities markets, in which case you really want to ignore them and
> go to a legitimate agency that doesn't churn people through like a classic
> MLM hype machine.

+1

--
Robert Merrill
801-228-0529

http://ConnectedWell.com
 -- Can You Solve the FizzBuzz Programming Interview Test?
http://bit.ly/17gV7tu