visual studio and git

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 14:19:05 MST 2013

Exhibit A:
Microsoft Azure not only hosts Linux, they have a set of recommended
distributions:
http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/manage/linux/other-resources/endorsed-distributions/

Exhibit B:
http://www.microsoft.com/opensource/directory.aspx

My argument:
Open Source has become something that Microsoft clearly can make money
off of, and Microsoft ain't stupid.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Todd Millecam <tyggna at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know a guy who worked on Visual Studio for a few years, and he said their
> team was very pro open-source and constantly fighting with management to
> make open-source contributions and adopt open-source projects in-house.
> So, I think it's just typical large-corporation politics and dozens of
> voices pushing in different directions.
>
> --
> Todd Millecam

"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,
2011)