visual studio and git

Daniel Fussell dfussell at byu.edu
Tue Nov 5 09:14:02 MST 2013

In case anyone here wants to know, if for no other reason than a heads
up.  One of my coworkers on the windows side of the force just installed
the latest version of visual studio and found that it had git support in
addition to it's own code repository.  He thought it was rather funny
and a win for free software.

Myself, this looks like an attempt by Microsoft to keep from being
marginalized by new kids using a full opensource stack.  But I could
also see it as an attempt at embrace, extend, extinquish.  Thoughts?

Grazie,
;-Daniel Fussell