Insurance Sales? Is this a new phenomenon?

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Sun Nov 3 20:07:23 MST 2013

On 11/3/2013 1:08 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> I recently updated my resume on Dice, Monster and a handful of other sites
> to show my most recent work history.  All of it is IT related and I'm
> switching over more and more to a management focus.
>
> Since doing this I've been contacted by recruiters from several different
> insurance companies.  Not for IT work, but for sales, i.e. they're claiming
> that my skill (or possible lack thereof), in IT is somehow translatable to
> the work of an insurance agent.
>
> Just curious, but am I the only one seeing this sort of activity?  I mean
> I've had off the wall requests to interview before, for instance Windows
> Admin when I specifically listed only linux skills, but this takes the cake
> and the strangest part is it keeps happening.
>
> /end rant

It's just warm-body idiocy from places like Primerica or whatever they
call themselves.  You'll want to ignore them unless you really want to
learn securities markets, in which case you really want to ignore them
and go to a legitimate agency that doesn't churn people through like a
classic MLM hype machine.

-Tod Hansmann