Fedora 18 console screen res, help me understand systemd

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Mar 28 14:20:32 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guess with an increasing divergence here in the short term, that
> advice wouldn't be so useful anymore.
>
> Anyway I think I will give Fedora 18 a go on my main workstation and see
> if I can get comfortable with systemd.

In the short term, yes, there's going to be some divergence.  If you
followed the introduction of SELinux, it was a very similar situation.
 Long-term, I think you'll see even conservative distributions like
RHEL move over to systemd.  Because of the slower release cycle of
enterprise distributions, It just may take three or four (or even
more) Fedora releases before they catch up.  And in the meantime,
Fedora keeps forging ahead (in many different directions).

--
Jared Smith