Fedora 18 console screen res, help me understand systemd

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:40:39 MDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 01:27 PM, Jared Smith wrote:
> So instead of seeing Fedora as a test bed for RHEL, I see RHEL as the
> boring old stuff from two or three versions back of Fedora.  I realize
> that it's a subtle difference, but it's an important difference.

Interesting points.  I used to tell my students that they might want to
run Fedora on their own workstations so they could have a distro that
was similar to RHEL that we ran on our servers.  That way they could be
more familiar with the inner workings of of init, scripts, rpm, yum, and
such.  Guess with an increasing divergence here in the short term, that
advice wouldn't be so useful anymore.

Anyway I think I will give Fedora 18 a go on my main workstation and see
if I can get comfortable with systemd.