Fedora 18 console screen res, help me understand systemd

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Mar 27 21:04:57 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 21:45 -0500, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> I don't pretend to know enough about the distinctions to make a
> judgement on my own.  However I see a revolt brewing over it's use.

> Sell it to me, (or sell me against it), please.

Revolt is not the right description, all you're seeing is the usual
Linux community moaning when something important changes. systemd is a
fait accompli. Most of the major distros have already crowned it king.
Debian hasn't because systemd takes full advantage of Linux only
technologies and they've decided niche uses like Debian GNU/kFreeBSD are
more important. Ubuntu hasn't because it would be too embarrassing.

If you're already a Fedora user, systemd isn't a good reason to switch
to Ubuntu. If you're already an Ubuntu user, systemd probably won't
convince you to switch to Fedora. Asking to be sold on it is like asking
to be sold on switching from leaded gas to unleaded. The decision's
already been made by someone else.