Fedora 18 console screen res, help me understand systemd

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:45:56 MDT 2013

Ok I get the let me google that for you.  I used google before I asked
the question and it didn't provide a coherent response.
My question should have been worded more along the lines of "why is
everyone switching over to it?"  Seems like what we had did it's job
and did it well, or at least well enough.
I don't pretend to know enough about the distinctions to make a
judgement on my own.  However I see a revolt brewing over it's use.
Therefore my original question stands.  What is it, or how is it
different enough to that's it value add is more than it's cost in
terms of time and headaches.
Sell it to me, (or sell me against it), please.