An actual Linux question?

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:20:20 MDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:
> Another option that is Ubuntu like, but not Unity, is Linux Mint.
> They offer a forked version of Gnome2 by default IIRC.
>
> Personally, after using these new fangled desktops for a while (Gnome,
> Unity), I found that I prefer them.  It was a big change, but a good
> one.  After the learning curve, it seems much more efficient.  I
> switch back and forth between Unity and Gnome regularly because I like
> aspects of both, but generally Unity wins due to the global menu bar.
> More usable vertical resolution FTW!

I guess I'm not the only crazy one that actually prefers Unity and
Gnome, then.  Although, right now I have Gnome as my primary window
manager, but I also have a full-screen Xephyr (like Xnest, an X server
in a window) on one monitor that runs XMonad, which is a highly
configurable tiling window manager.  At some point I'd like to find a
better way to make them co-exist, but this works for now.

      --Levi