An actual Linux question?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Tue Mar 26 11:46:04 MDT 2013

Another option that is Ubuntu like, but not Unity, is Linux Mint.
They offer a forked version of Gnome2 by default IIRC.

Personally, after using these new fangled desktops for a while (Gnome,
Unity), I found that I prefer them.  It was a big change, but a good
one.  After the learning curve, it seems much more efficient.  I
switch back and forth between Unity and Gnome regularly because I like
aspects of both, but generally Unity wins due to the global menu bar.
More usable vertical resolution FTW!