An actual Linux question?

John Coulter raztus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:26:46 MDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I need to dual boot a fairly recent HP laptop into some flavor of
> linux and I need it to have X (because I like GUIs)
> I like Ubuntu but I hate unity and frankly battery life is a real
> concern on this laptop.
>
> Is there a lightweight distro with really good power management out of the
> box?
> Perhaps a distro designed specifically for laptops?
>
> Thanks!

I use Xubuntu because I really like the classic XFCE desktop, and the
plug-and-play nature of Ubuntu.  The battery life on my Lenovo W510 has
always been average, which is better than I can say of other distros.

P.S. Please let me know if anything is formatted funky in this reply.  This
is my first post as a short-time PLUG lurker, and I'm hoping to avoid
having my mail user-agent mocked. ;)