An actual Linux question?

Jeff Jibson jeff.jibson at parentlink.net
Tue Mar 26 09:12:25 MDT 2013

I had a HP dv9000.  ACPI was hit or miss from one kernel to the next.  It
was easy to tell if it wasn't going to work because it wouldn't shutdown
all the way.  It would get most of the way disabling the screen, but the
LEDs were still on.  It would still drain your battery and could overheat.
I hope you have better luck with HP than I did.