Xinerama multi-computer display

Vernon McPherron vernon at
Mon Mar 25 14:55:19 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 13:16 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
That is more in line with what I am thinking of. Yes, I would like to
> use my laptop screen as a third display on my workstation. Hey, I
> appreciate the Google-Foo help as well!
> I am attempting to do this some how with Xdmcp but mabe VNC is the
> to go.
> Thanks for the help!

Did you try Xdmx?  I've used it before to connect three laptops to my
desktop computer for one five screened X session.  Although perhaps
because I used really old crummy laptops and I used five displays, the
performance wasn't great.  But it does work.