Xinerama multi-computer display

David Landry dlandry at byu.net
Mon Mar 25 12:35:41 MDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Nathan England <nathan at nmecs.com> wrote:

> Hello Hello,
>
> My Google-foo is not strong today. I appreciate your help. I want to use
> the laptop display on my laptop as part of my primary workstation
> display. I currently have two screens on my workstation and a laptop
> that sits on my desk. I want to figure out a way to extend my desktop of
> two screens to incorporate the laptop screen...
>
> This has to be possible, correct?

You have a desktop with two screens and want to add your laptop as a third
screen? I haven't done that before, but I have used Synergy[0] to control a
laptop using my desktop's mouse and keyboard. It works almost like having a
third screen, except you can't move applications between machines.

---
David Landry

[0] http://synergy-foss.org/