affordable table

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 20:08:42 MDT 2013

On 03/24/2013 07:25 PM, Make Compile wrote:
> Hi Guys, any suggested affordable but good quality with available
> warranty tablet here on philippines for just daily use of my kids.
> I've been looking for corby products. Anyone using corby tablet? Mind
> if you share your experience on your device. thanks

I don't think any of us will have experience with tablets that are
available in the Philippines.

My gut feeling on cheap devices like that is that warranty is pointless.
 Also I don't know of any electronics warranty that covers kids.
Probably cheaper to buy a stack of $70 chinese tablets and throw them
out every couple of months when they inevitably break.

If I had kids, though, I doubt I'd get them a tablet.  I've watched how
kids interact with these devices and frankly it really bothers and
worries me.  On the one hand I'm amazed.  On the other hand, I've seen
first-hand how it damages their ability focus and concentrate on tasks
like homework, reading books, listening to teachers, and many other
things.  At least between the ages of 1 and 14.