Bluebox & Freeswitch

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Mar 23 00:52:16 MDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> However I'm not at all comfortable running a full LAMP stack on this box.
> Is it possible to run bluebox on a seperate box?  Or does it have to
> be on the same box as the switch?

My experience is that end users don't use the GUIs that are even the
*slightest* bit complex. I'd go with xml base configs. Anyway, that's
not what you asked...

I don't know if you need to have bluebox on the same box or if it can
be on another, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just firewall it off and
use it as needed. It might take up a little RAM, but who cares?

Next, VoIP on EC2 (or any other virt) requires special attention. I'd
consider a physical box near the homes using it. Harder to service,
but at least one leg of the call will be on a network you control and
you'll get more computing power for your buck.

Gabe