snmp

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Fri Mar 22 08:14:29 MDT 2013

On 3/22/2013 12:03 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 10:45 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
>> I want to throw Hobbit on that list.  I've worked with a lot of
>> monitoring software and I have always found Hobbit to be the most
>> efficient and flexible.
> I could be wrong but I think it's called xymon now.  The web page leaves
> something to be desired...
> http://xymon.sourceforge.net/
You are indeed correct on the name change.  I'm not sure what you mean
about the web page.  Do you need graphic design or system monitoring?
You can see a demo of it and a sample of the data it gathers by going to
his home network demo: http://www.xymon.com/xymon/

At the time of this writing, he's got a drive that's having some SMART
errors, and it's providing some nice data on that:
http://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=blixen.hswn.dk&SERVICE=smart

I like it.  Simple, minimalistic, performant, detailed, flexible.  I
could never come up with anything it couldn't do with some minor
scripting on my part if I wanted to get fancy.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on it.  I realize it's not a popular one,
or someone else would have mentioned it already =c)

-Tod Hansmann