Tod Hansmann at
Fri Mar 22 08:14:29 MDT 2013

On 3/22/2013 12:03 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 10:45 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
>> I want to throw Hobbit on that list.  I've worked with a lot of
>> monitoring software and I have always found Hobbit to be the most
>> efficient and flexible.
> I could be wrong but I think it's called xymon now.  The web page leaves
> something to be desired...
You are indeed correct on the name change.  I'm not sure what you mean
about the web page.  Do you need graphic design or system monitoring?
You can see a demo of it and a sample of the data it gathers by going to
his home network demo:

At the time of this writing, he's got a drive that's having some SMART
errors, and it's providing some nice data on that:

I like it.  Simple, minimalistic, performant, detailed, flexible.  I
could never come up with anything it couldn't do with some minor
scripting on my part if I wanted to get fancy.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on it.  I realize it's not a popular one,
or someone else would have mentioned it already =c)

-Tod Hansmann