snmp

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:09:33 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Joseph Hall <perlhoser at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you _only_ running servers, or are there other SNMP devices that
>> you're interested in too? If it's just computers running
>> Linux/Unix/Mac/Windows, you should check out Salt Stack.
>
> Last time, I check the Salt code, there wasn't anything referencing
> snmp. Has that changed?

Nothing at the moment, though I do have a module in progress somewhere.

I'm suggesting Salt as an alternative to SNMP... so long as every
device can have Salt installed, you can find out everything that SNMP
would have told you anyway.

It's not the solution for everybody... but it might work for Merrill.

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,