snmp

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:59:05 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pluggers:
>
> I've been playing with SpiceWorks.  It has some of what I want....like
> it's free and it runs on a separate server accessible via a browser.
> But it has some problems as well, such as connecting to certain
> machines and it seems difficult to troubleshoot as to why it won't
> connect.
>
> Anybody out there have a suggestion for an snmp solution?

Are you _only_ running servers, or are there other SNMP devices that
you're interested in too? If it's just computers running
Linux/Unix/Mac/Windows, you should check out Salt Stack. It is very
heavily customizable, far more so than SNMP:

http://saltstack.com/

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,