Was: OT: Tor Project

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 01:02:52 MDT 2013

*Interesting. Has anyone ever heard of using Tor for anything besides web
browsing? Or of manually specifying an exit node? I seem to recall hearing
once (and I could be mistaken or it could have been a dream) that someone
had configured a file sharing client to use Tor, and he had specified the
exit node. My experience (many years old now) has said that a manual route
through the TOR network isn't possible, and last time I even tried to point
a file sharing program to using Tor it never connected to the bootstrap
server, so I tend to think either I imagined it or the person was BSing.
However, Tor could have improved markedly since I tried it years ago.
Anyone care to comment on it's current status?*

* *
*--- Dan*