OT: Tor Project

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Mon Mar 18 16:17:58 MDT 2013

I ran an exit node during the Iranian Green movement in 2009. It took up all the bandwidth I gave it, and I eventually started getting letters from my ISP about action being contemplated due to my IP being used to pirate copyrighted films.

They were very vile movies.

I was using Digis at the time. I sent them the information that the EFF provides on Tor. I had a nice conversation with their head lawyer. They decided not to make any decisions unless they got more complaints.

I turned the Tor exit node off a short time later because I didn't like helping people access that stuff.

Richard