What's the latest on laser printers?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Mon Mar 18 15:30:35 MDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Andy Bradford
<amb-sendok-1366172242.gcankejjlnalinjdanbg at bradfords.org> wrote:
> For  extremely  easy  setup  and  low TCO,  I've  always  gone  with  HP
> PostScript laser jet printers with a  network adapter.

My frustration with my current HP printer is the "smart" drum and
toner cartridges that just refuse to print when their count gets to
the HP-specified level.  I want to print until the quality starts
degrading, then replace it.   That and the price of hp supplies makes
the cost/page of my current HP printer quite high.  Unless I hear HP
has changed from that practice significantly, I'm not inclined to buy
HP again.