Back to the subject of Cat5e?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Mar 18 14:49:21 MDT 2013

On 03/18/2013 01:14 PM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
> From what it sounds like, he just needs small switches.  Managed
> switches w/ VLANs might be nice to segregate each house.  Though the
> router boards Corey suggested sound really good.

That's a good thought, too. You could pick up a solid IP67 switch like a
Sixnet, but you'll spend far more on it than you would a Routerboard.
The RB493s have an integrated switch chip that allows hardware switching
between ports, so you could set up VLANs and bypass the routing. Or go
with routing, or mix and match. I love them.

Oh and just so we're clear, they're Linux based so I am still on topic.
We do have a topic for this list right? :)

Corey