How to get 1 or 2Km of optical fiber?

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Mon Mar 18 11:14:14 MDT 2013

If it's local, you can just use the new MTP stuff (multi fiber ribbon), which is a single connector with 12 strands in the patch cable.

You would need  40GBASE QSFP+ optics, but for shorter runs (100m and 150m on OM3 and OM4, respectively).  It should be less expensive than the WDM approach, if the distance isn't an issue.