What's the latest on laser printers?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Sat Mar 16 13:19:25 MDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Barry Roberts <blr at robertsr.us> wrote:

> I need to buy a new mono laser/scanner/copier.  I want one that works with
> Linux and has a low  cost/page and TCO.  What's the thing to buy in 2013?

I hate it when the phone rings and I hit "Send" too soon.   I like
networked printers.  Never tried wireless, but that seems convenient if
it's stable and reliable.

I see lots of highly rated, reasonably priced Brother printers (like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113655) but the
last time I had a Brother MFC, the proprietary rpms from Brother were the
only way to scan, and I couldn't get them to work.  Is OSS support for
Brother printers any better than it was several years ago?

Thanks again,
Barry