Safe Instant Messaging

Jason Klebs jasonk at
Fri Mar 15 16:03:02 MDT 2013

I agree it is wise to be weary of Skype.  Unfortunately, the network
effect is so large now, it will be hard to convince many to switch away
from it.

A few alternatives I have considered:

1) Google talk (or any other chat service) with OTR:

2) Use your own IM server with ejabberd

3) Just use Facebook chat instead...they use https now, right? ;-)