Hypervisors and you!

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Fri Mar 15 13:44:34 MDT 2013

Actually, I run a ton of production centos boxes and as long as your excludes list is setup right (aka, kernel, httpd, etc) then nightly updates are a great idea.

The key here is the idea that a potential few hours of outage on a less critical service is better than a total compromise and a potential for the entire company to go away overnight.

Again, make sure the excludes list has the critical stuff in it, and you are on the security announce lists for those packages (at a minimum).

-Steve