Hypervisors and you!

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Fri Mar 15 11:00:10 MDT 2013

On 3/15/13 10:38 AM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> KVM is where it's at. Most often you'll use it with the handy little
> shell, virsh. It's still a bit of a moving target, but if you find a
> version and stick with it, you're going to be just fine. It's easy to
> manage with the command line, XML, Python scripting or the GUI,
> virt-manager. It can be a little rough around the edges at times, but
> it's clearly where things are headed.

This is very true.  If you're looking for point and click management,
just use virt-manager.  It's an X app, so you can run it over an SSH
session.  I do most of my management with virsh, though.

I've been running KVM exclusively for at least 3 years, and haven't had
any problems.  Well, almost none:
http://plug.org/pipermail/plug/2012-April/027924.html

Steve